- Service Engineer (CDN)
- Southern Ontario region
The Company & Job Description
- + Vantage based in Livonia MI, USA is an established global company that specializes in providing manual, automatic inspection and assembly equipment and is looking to employ a full time Service Engineer located in the Southern Ontario region to support our equipment at existing and a growing base of Canadian customers.
Job responsibilities: - Review BOM's, mechanical drawings, and assemble manual and automatic assembly and inspection systems - Identify and troubleshot mechanical, electrical, and controls issues with equipment - Test and debug equipment - Perform studies on measuring equipment and analyze results - Perform equipment runoff activities - Support installation activities at Customer facilities - Customer visits with Sales Engineer as requested.
- Daily communication with Sales Engineer as related to visits and new opportunities - Reporting and other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Travel in southern Ontario as requested by customers or as scheduled by +Vantage / Sales Engineer
- From time to time may travel to Livonia MI, USA as required for training, meetings etc.
- Hands on experience in assembly, setup, test, and debug of equipment - Blueprint reading skill preferred - Experience with PLC machine controls - GD&T understanding and experience preferred - Skills in Math (algebra), English writing, and communication preferred - Experience in gaging, automation, and assembly systems - Hand gages and layout experience preferred - (2) year associate's degree (mechanical base technologies) preferred - Proficiency with MS Office preferred - Self-driven and self-motivated
- Enjoys solving problems and working with people
- Travel to customers routinely
- Valid Passport and ability to travel - Must have own reliable vehicle
- Home based Job Type: - Full-time Remuneration
- Will be discussed during the interview process.